Welcome Message

I'm So Happy You're Here!
Artistic Composition is all about sharing joy, laughter and inspiration as a means of celebrating life. To join me in this celebration just click on any post to share your thoughts. Images can be viewed larger by clicking on them.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Fantasy Meets Reality

While everyday is a day to be grateful, Thursdays are the day I try to post about something I am grateful for and why. Today I want to share two things I am eternally grateful for.


 #1 Eyesight
Although I began wearing glasses at the age of 12, I pretty much took my eyesight for granted. Then a few years back that all changed. At times the world around me looked like the photo on the left. I thought maybe I was just overly tired. So I tried to slow down and get more rest. Things would come back into focus and then soon everything would be a blur again. To make a long story short it wasn't a lack of sleep but a condition with my eye muscles. I am so grateful that I can still see and that my vision is not always blurry.


Fantasy Meets Reality by Nita Davis
#2 Technology
Of course I am thankful for technology for all the usual reasons. But I am most thankful for it because without it there would be so many creative things I would not be able to do. My digital camera allows me the ability to switch to auto and just point and shoot when I can't tell if the shot I am after is in focus, or stay on manual when I can see clearly. With my extra large screen computer I can magnify my photos and art work so that fine details are not missed. It also makes it much easier to read and write. I still haven't gotten use to the Adobe Acrobat which is a special magnifier for reading print materials, fortunately I can do most of my reading on the computer. Technology makes it possible for me to continue drawing and see what it is I am drawing. It enables me to combine those drawings with photography and digital artwork to create artwork like Fantasy Meets Reality and for this I am ever grateful.

My fantasy has met reality and prevailed for this I count myself blessed.

Linking up with Mexabella Loves Grateful linky. Hop on over to enjoy some beautiful posts on gratefulness.

2 comments:

Niki Hudson said...

Wonderful post! Our senses, all five of them really, are often taken for granted. I, too, have worn corrective lenses since the age of twelve. I can vividly recall the day I put on my first pair of glasses. I remember walking outside of the doctor's office and actually SEEING the leaves on the trees. Up until then, they had just been a green blur. What a marvelous discovery!Thank you for reminding me of this precious gift.

texwisgirl said...

things we certainly take for granted until they don't work anymore...