Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Family Resemblance

Have you ever looked at a photo and thought "wow I can't believe how much they look like so-n-so"? Family resemblance can be strong or subtle or even fleeting. With my daughter her resemblance to me was strongest at age three and from one angle, the same is true with her daughter.  This collage shows one photo of me, two of my daughter and one of my granddaughter all taken at age three.
While I was going through the photos I took while visiting my niece in DC as soon as I saw this photo it was as if I was looking at a photo of her mother. I have often commented on how much she looks like her mother and yet never felt the resemblance was so strong until I saw this profile photo.
My Sister-in-law passed away ten years ago and yet when I saw this photo all I could see was my niece's mother. I wish I had a profile photo of her mother but these will have to do for now.
Top left and bottom right are my niece, the other two are her mother. The top right photo of my Sister-in-law was taken right about the same age as my niece is now. In the bottom one she is a few years older.

1 comment:

Bethe77 said...

WOW! Strong family resemblence going on there.
Amazing!
Makes me want to get photos out of me adn my children and see what I see.
Blessings