Welcome Message

I'm So Happy You're Here!
Artistic Composition is all about sharing joy, laughter and inspiration as a means of celebrating life. To join me in this celebration just click on any post to share your thoughts. Images can be viewed larger by clicking on them.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Thanking Those Who Preserve History

It is no stretch to think of a photographer or a writer as preservers of history, but what about construction workers? Today's photos are a reminder to us that there is more to preserving history than just photographing or writing about it.  Today I offer a big Thank You to all who maintain our nations historic districts.

Seeing photographs and reading about cobblestone paths tend to give me a sense of the quaint or romantic.  While walking and driving on these paths although it did give me a feeling of going back to a quieter time, it also reminded me of the lack of comforts faced by our ancestors. For cobblestone paths create a rough path for the rider or walker. Watching this worker repair the cobblestone street I had to admire the hard work that our ancestors went through to line their cities, towns and villages with this then modern form of comfort.

3 comments:

bookbabie.com said...

I couldn't agree more, one of the things I loved about my husband when we first met was he could build stuff, fix stuf...do all that guy stuff. He still can and I still love him for that and many more reasons!

Nita Davis said...

Thanks for stopping by and for your comment bookbabie. Sounds like you landed yourself a keeper. :D

MultipleMum said...

We all need to do our bit. Historians, writers, artists, photographers, architects, librarians, builders etc. So important to our future to save our past x