Welcome Message

I'm So Happy You're Here!
Artistic Composition is all about sharing joy, laughter and inspiration as a means of celebrating life. To join me in this celebration just click on any post to share your thoughts. Images can be viewed larger by clicking on them.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

An Afternoon In Ghent

Norfolk Virginia is unlike anywhere else I have ever lived. All of the neighborhoods have the most intriguing names which are used by the locals when giving directions or referring to a business's location. When my oldest son suggested I check out Ghent, I of course thought he was referring to a neighboring city. Well, earlier today I decided to drive into down town Norfolk to practice my street photography. As I was driving along one of the main roads I saw a sign that read Ghent Business District with an arrow pointing left. Of course I took the left turn. Here are a few of the sights.







I had ventured down a side street to see one of the old buildings when I found this colorful little shop.
These only scratch the surface of the beauty of Ghent. I was working on capturing street scenes so I will definitely be heading back another day to photograph some of the amazing architecture I saw in the area.

No comments: