Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Five Little Frags Fritted Franticly For Freedom

Luckily my little frags know just where to find their freedom, yep over at Mrs. 4444's Friday Fragments. If you need a home for your wayward blog fragments stop on by, the more the merrier!

Half-Past Kissin' Time

Thank you Mother Nature!
The weather is nice and I am running away for the weekend! Not sure that I will get a chance to see the Falls this trip but I will be spending some much needed time with family and friends. How about you, will you be traveling to visit friends and family for the upcoming holidays? 


One thing I have to admit about winter, it sure makes for some spectacular skies.
Skywatch Friday Submission

The strangest thing has happened. My grandson's cat is five years old and has been a very anti-social animal ever since they got him as a kitten. He has always been a very good guard kitty, sitting guard at the foot of my grandson's bed or in his doorway at night. But that was about the closest he would get to humans. Until recently. He has become more than social, sitting in laps, wanting to be petted and so on. Now he is down right needy! 

I don't watch a lot of TV, especially reality TV but I do have to say I am addicted to The Voice. This season has me in a quandary though. The final 10 are all so good I really have no clue who I want to win. Although I do have a very soft spot for this artist, especially after this performance of one of my favorite Bread songs. If you are watching this season do you have a favorite?


I have found a new book to add to my list of must haves. It is Photojournalist Scott Strazzante book Common Ground. I read a recent article  about the project in which Strazzante  documented the transformation of a family farm into a suburban track of homes, and how it had come to life. If you haven't heard about it check out the article that shares some of the photos and a little bit about the book.

Week In Review:

On Artistic Composition the week started off with a true story of how one man gave three homeless children The Gift Of Joy. Then on Wednesday I posted a simple wish that included where you can find this awesome planner.


On Nita's Photography the week focus was late Autumn fun in the park with children playing, workers working and of course some pretty flowers and a playful critter.




 Have A Fantastic Weekend!

Please drop a comment or quick hi and I will stop by and return the favor.

6 comments:

retired not tired said...

We are addicted to Dancing with the Stars and it is finishing up next week. What are we going to watch on TV?

Bill Lisleman said...

great creative title.
Your skywatch picture is a keeper.
I probably watch less TV than you. I have heard a few singer from The Voice on youtube.
all the best

katie eggeman said...

Interesting about the cat...we had an anti-social on years ago who as he got older went to live in the hall closet and only left it to eat and catbox.

Mrs4444 said...

The planner is intriguing; I will check that out. Thanks.

The cat--how interesting!

Our sky yesterday morning was spectacular; I pulled the car over and took a gorgeous snap.

I really love The Voice, too, though I don't remember any names, even though I literally just finished watching it via dvr. My favorite is the young lady from Jamaica :)

Mrs4444 said...

Nita, I just noticed your book! I'm not really a fan of poetry, but the description sounds really great. Is there any way I could get a glimpse of one chapter? I would love to check it out. Thanks. (And congratulations!!)

Kay said...

Hmm, I wonder if the cat is just shifting as he ages like some humans do? We don't have cats, so I really know nothing about them. Some of the family dogs have gotten pretty grumpy as they get older, so maybe it's that in reverse for the cat?

No plans for travel this holiday season, but we are having other folks over who also are not traveling. Sort of commiserating together? I hope you have a relaxing and refreshing time with friends/family!!!

I have heard of that planner!!