Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Wonders N Wishes

There are so many wonderful things about Wednesday!
My short list:
  • It is Hump Day! That wonderful middle of the week, half way to the weekend, let's celebrate making it over life's hump day!
  • It is Wordless Wednesday! Whether you celebrate by seeking quiet solitude or by sharing image only posts, there's a sense of wonder in the wordless approach. Click here for my contributions to the sound of silence.
  • It is 'not so' Wordless Wednesday over at Curious as a Cathy. Absolutely perfect for the chatter box in me. Of course I will be sharing this post there. :D
  • It is Wish Day! That is right, the day designated by Claudya @ Unknown Mami's as the day to put a voice to our wishes. You will find my wish below. 
  • It is Wonders N Wishes Day! The day I am designating to share a 'Wonder' as well as a wish.
  • This Wednesday is extra wonderful as our car got fixed today! YAY!
 


This week's Wonder Award goes to:
Dr. Richard A. Kaplan


I was going to find a different wonder for the week as I wrote a post about Dr. Kaplan on Monday, but I decided to share a tiny bit here as well as the link to my earlier post. My children and I were blessed to have Doctor Kaplan as their pediatrician before he switched to specializing in the care of abused children. He was wonderful as a pediatrician but his work with and for abused children is my reason for choosing him as this week's wonder. In a way it seems a bit late as he passed away three years ago, but the work he began lives on. Dr. Kaplan was a known and well respected around the world as one of the leading voices in establishing guidelines for the care and treatment of abused children. Working with such organizations as the Child Advocacy Center and The Midwest Regional Children's Advocacy Center. He even spearheading the creation of the Sioux Falls Children's Advocacy Center.  I hope you will click on the link to my earlier post where I share fun stories of this wonderful doctor.

Now for a bit of wishing!

Today I'm calling on the universe to grant the following wishes.

- The leaves are changing and I love it! I just have one request as far as Autumn goes. Please oh please can you make it longer! It would be so nice to have say five months of Autumn and one month of Winter.

- I could use a tad bit of help keeping track of time.

- My last wish for this day is that all of you a fantastic week!

As Claudya at Unknown Mami's says go ahead and wish, be it simple or big, when we give a voice to our wishes it helps us realize those wishes. So what are you wishing for? I would love to know, just put your wish in the comment section and I will gladly lend my wishing powers to your wish. Please join me in visiting Unknown Mami's Wish Wednesday so that we can lend our wishing powers to her and those she is wishing for.



No comments: