Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Wonders N Wishes

There are so many wonderful things about Wednesday!
My short list:
  • It is Hump Day! That wonderful middle of the week, half way to the weekend, let's celebrate making it over life's hump day!
  • It is Wordless Wednesday! Whether you celebrate by seeking quiet solitude or by sharing image only posts, there's a sense of wonder in the wordless approach. Click here for my contributions to the sound of silence.
  • It is 'not so' Wordless Wednesday over at Curious as a Cathy. Absolutely perfect for the chatter box in me. Of course I will be sharing this post there. :D
  • It is Wish Day! That is right, the day designated by Claudya @ Unknown Mami's as the day to put a voice to our wishes. You will find my wish below. 
  • It is Wonders N Wishes Day! The day I am designating to share a 'Wonder' as well as a wish.
 


This week's wonder:
Cueva de los Cristales

I thought I would change up the wonder a bit this week and go with a natural Wonder. I came across an image on boredpanda of an amazing crystal cave that I wanted to share. However in researching the image I discovered it was credited incorrectly and was taken by a National Geographic photographer. I sent a request to use the image with proper credit but have not received permission yet.
The cave which was discovered by miners in 2000 is called the Giant Crystal Cave and is 980 ft (300 meters) below Naica, Chihuahua, Mexico.  The picture I saw reminded me of Superman's Cave, with huge crystals jutting out in all different directions. This natural wonder has some of the world's largest known crystals. The largest crystal in the cave is 39ft long and 13ft in diameter with a weight of 55 tons. (can you see my shocked!)
Exploration of the cave has been problematic as the temperature is extremely hot, reaching temps up to 136 F (58 C), with 90 to 99 percent humidity.
When they found the cave the crystals were submerged in water which they continually  pump out so they can conduct scientific research and document the information. The research and documentation is being done by the Naica Project. I do hope they finish soon and allow the water to flow back in covering the crystals, as they deteriorate in the air. You can see the photos I saw in the National Geographic Article. Here is a video about the cave that also shows the photo.



Now for a bit of wishing.
 
Today I'm calling on the universe to grant the following wishes.

- A friend of mine is having surgery today so I ask for the abundant care of the universe to see him through safely, and help him heal quickly.

- Last week I left a message for the director of a local domestic violence shelter that I wanted to talk with them about organizing an event for the women and families under their care. My wish is that the director would call me back soon.

- My last wish for this day is that all of you find wonder in your life!

As Claudya at Unknown Mami's says go ahead and wish, be it simple or big, when we give a voice to our wishes it helps us realize those wishes. So what are you wishing for? I would love to know, just put your wish in the comment section and I will gladly lend my wishing powers to your wish. Please join me in visiting Unknown Mami's Wish Wednesday so that we can lend our wishing powers to her and those she is wishing for.



No comments: