Welcome Message

I'm So Happy You're Here!
Artistic Composition is all about sharing joy, laughter and inspiration as a means of celebrating life. To join me in this celebration just click on any post to share your thoughts. Images can be viewed larger by clicking on them.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Spread Kindness

It is so easy to get wrapped up with our own worries that we forget what a simple kind word, deed or smile can mean to others. A simple act of kindness means so much, and yet is so easy to do. The joy experienced by both the receiver and the giver is undeniable and instantaneous. 

I was reminded of this by one of Lexi's friends. Yesterday was the one year anniversary of her father's death, and a few weeks ago she posted the following to Facebook: 

"September 12, 2015 is the day I lost the best man I have ever known, my Dad. While my heart is still broken I am choosing to celebrate his life instead of mourning his death. My Dad was the most generous person I know. Always the first to help, the first to care, always the first one to make a difference.  So in honor of Dad we are doing a day of kindness! Big or small it doesn't matter. Be a positive force in honor of a wonderful man. Pay for coffee for a stranger. Put extra change in a meter. Compliment a stranger. Take baked goods to a neighbor." 

I am happy to say that many of her friends joined her in celebrating his life by spreading kindness in his honor. One of the things I did was to create this quotography for her and a variation for others as a reminder of the importance of spreading kindness.




Just the other day I was feeling pretty bummed out about the color of my hair, or I should say the lack thereof. You see, portions of my hair refuses to hold any dye so some of it is a vibrant red while some is, oh I don't know, a silverish mousy brown with a blue green tint. Well, I was at the store when a stranger passing by said "Oh I love your hair! Where did you get it done?" To say the least it made my day, and now I don't feel as bad about the strange look of my hair. 

Has the kindness of another touched you recently? I would love to hear about it.

No comments: