Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Spread Kindness

It is so easy to get wrapped up with our own worries that we forget what a simple kind word, deed or smile can mean to others. A simple act of kindness means so much, and yet is so easy to do. The joy experienced by both the receiver and the giver is undeniable and instantaneous. 

I was reminded of this by one of Lexi's friends. Yesterday was the one year anniversary of her father's death, and a few weeks ago she posted the following to Facebook: 

"September 12, 2015 is the day I lost the best man I have ever known, my Dad. While my heart is still broken I am choosing to celebrate his life instead of mourning his death. My Dad was the most generous person I know. Always the first to help, the first to care, always the first one to make a difference.  So in honor of Dad we are doing a day of kindness! Big or small it doesn't matter. Be a positive force in honor of a wonderful man. Pay for coffee for a stranger. Put extra change in a meter. Compliment a stranger. Take baked goods to a neighbor." 

I am happy to say that many of her friends joined her in celebrating his life by spreading kindness in his honor. One of the things I did was to create this quotography for her and a variation for others as a reminder of the importance of spreading kindness.




Just the other day I was feeling pretty bummed out about the color of my hair, or I should say the lack thereof. You see, portions of my hair refuses to hold any dye so some of it is a vibrant red while some is, oh I don't know, a silverish mousy brown with a blue green tint. Well, I was at the store when a stranger passing by said "Oh I love your hair! Where did you get it done?" To say the least it made my day, and now I don't feel as bad about the strange look of my hair. 

Has the kindness of another touched you recently? I would love to hear about it.

No comments: