Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Getting ready for Op Sail 2012

I love ships and I love parades so it is no surprise to those that know me that I am getting very excited for Op Sail 2012. If I could I would be at every event scheduled from now till next Sunday. For those that don't know what Op Sail is, it is a week long festival with two ship parades and lots of other fun activities and excitement that is taking place along the water ways here in Virginia. Clyde at Whatever Floats Your Boat has a long list of links to all the amazing activities going on.

Yesterday the kiddo's and I headed down town to the waterfront to check out the parking situation so I wouldn't be totally lost later this week. We were excited to see the preparations in progress for the festival.
We wandered up and down the boardwalk enjoying the sights.
 It was a rather quiet Sunday afternoon. It was warm but not too hot and the wind was not too strong. Although it wasn't crowded we were not the only ones enjoying the sights.
This was the second Sunday in a row that I ran off with the grand kids for an afternoon of adventure. I do believe I am going to try and make it my routine to take them out on Sunday afternoon weather permitting. Who knows it may evolve into a tradition. 

This was my first time visiting down town Norfolk with my camera so of course I took tons of photographs. I will be sharing more over the next few days here and on my photography blog.

No comments: