Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

The new year has begun and thus ends the whir and blur of the holiday season. Don't get me wrong, I love the time spent with family and friends; I love the beauty of the season and all the glitter and lights. With the end of one year and the coming of a new year my mind begins to focus on the future and plan what changes need to be made in the upcoming year. I have never considered myself one to make New Year's resolutions, and yet it occurs to me that in many ways the plans I make for the upcoming year are just that.

After feeling overwhelmed by the whir and blur of November and December, I have come to realize just how much I as an individual am in need of quite time.  Time to rejuvenate my spirit, time to foster inner peace, time to inspire creativity. Always the over achiever I realize that, as I have often done, last years plan left me with little time for quietude. While I did accomplish a lot last year, I often found myself feeling a bit overstretched and in a state of mental chaos.

Most likely because I enjoy spontaneity, down time rarely remains down time. Thus my plan for the new year is to schedule regular quiet time. To help myself remember to do just that I have created this inspirational print and will be hanging it above my desk.

What kinds of New Year's resolutions have you made? What methods or reminders do you use if any to help you follow your New Year's resolutions?

1 comment:

Heather Nelsen said...

Great idea, Nita! I like to enjoy my quiet time with a book and a nice bath. I highly recommend it! :)
Happy New Year!