Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Embracing Social Media

I am not one to jump off a bridge just because my friends do. However, after seeing so many talking about and joining sites like pinterest and stumbledupon I decided to give them a try. After all, I did eventually join Facebook and although I don't play the games I have found it a great way to interact with my friends and my local community.

At first setting up the Pinterest boards was a bit frustrating as it kept giving me errors. But after I did finally get some boards set up and took a bit of time to explore some of my fellow bloggers' boards I decided it might just be worth all the work. I can definitely see the appeal and the potential, however I can also see how one could spend virtually hours just browsing.

Finding or maybe I should say making the time to just browse the net is going to be the challenging part for me. I have to admit though that after just a few minutes on stumbledupon I did find a number of very inspiring sites. I watched this awesome video of a spray paint artist creating a fantastic space painting. I think I could watch it over and over it is so amazing.


I also came across a great blog post on Marc and Angel Hack Life about 75 reminders for tough times that inspired me to create this new motivational art print using one of my recent abstract photographs.

I did find some neat stuff on the Pinterest boards although I have to admit it was not as easy as stumbledupon. Who knows though once I explore it more and get the hang of it maybe it will be just as fun. All in all, I do think I will enjoy both sites as long as I don't get lost in them.

Are you a member of either site, if so what do you think of them? What social media sites do you enjoy?

No comments: