Welcome Message

I'm So Happy You're Here!
Artistic Composition is all about sharing joy, laughter and inspiration as a means of celebrating life. To join me in this celebration just click on any post to share your thoughts. Images can be viewed larger by clicking on them.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

SIMC: Frozen Moments

Friday Morning I decided to brave the cold. My editor had told me of a shop owner down town that might possibly be a good source for information for a novel that I am working on, so I decided to do a bit of multi-tasking and take along my camera. Although I didn't last long outside the day was very productive. 

Today for For Sunday In My City I have a few shots of new sights in down town Sioux Falls. I never get tired of seeing and photographing the fantastic sculptures on display. Partially because every year the sculptures change so it is almost like going to an outdoor art gallery.

I was captivated by the details in this bronze sax's player. His marching band uniform was so intricate. I have to say though that one of my favorite things about this next shot is the shadows.
I have no idea why this shop created this interesting dress but I was so intrigued by the design and imaginative nature of the dress that I went into the shop and was immediately distracted by the many beautiful accessories they sell. The shop is new so I had never been inside before. They even had some very pretty clothing.
This next sculpture was so life like I almost wanted to wrap a warm coat around the sweet looking child.
Writing this post it occurred to me that as I ventured out into the freezing weather to capture a moment with my camera the moments I captured were also frozen moments captured and created by the sculptors.  
Linking up today with:
Unknown Mami

3 comments:

bettyl-NZ said...

Wow! When I saw the thumbnail on the linkup, I thought it had to be a real child! How enchanting.

Claudya Martinez said...

Those sculptures are truly wonderful. The sax player is so vibrant and that child is so life-like.

Lisleman said...

Public art is better than private art. It's art so it should shared as widely as possible. great pics.