Pages

Friday, September 9, 2016

The AC Menagerie Bulletin

Welcome to the September 9th addition of

 The AC Menagerie Bulletin

The AC Menagerie Bulletin is a weekly digital newspaper highlighting brief accounts of the week's happenings around the Zoo (our home) and on blogs by myself (Nita Davis). Sit back, relax and enjoy while you catch up with the Davis family.

Life News 
Our week got off to a great start with a visit from my daughter Skippy's friend who is also one of my photography clients. She came all the way across the state for a weekend visit and to have me take her sweet boy's 1st year portraits.


Life News 
So I have the greatest friend. She helps me out a lot picking kids up from school when their mom is at work and I am unable to drive. She moved into a new place in April and I told her I would help her decorate her new apartment. Here it is already September and although I have helped her a little we still hadn't gotten and actual decorating done. She has been so very patient, I decided fatigue or not I was going to at least get a good start on her living room. So yesterday I went over and we rearranged the living room and got it how she wanted. 
She said she wanted to display some special items of her late parents and grandparents along with some other special family photos and keepsakes, all in one area. I replied "Awesome, we'll make a heritage wall."  We are both in love with the name of her new wall and how it turned out. She even had the perfect vinyl lettering for the wall. Although the lettering is a bit crooked and one set of hearts is too far over she says it is perfect. I am a bit more of a perfectionist so the crooked letters and offset hearts are driving me nuts. I can't do anything about the lettering now, but I will be going over soon to move the hearts. lol


Automotive News
It has not been as good a week for out vehicle, though. First the headlights brunt out. Then their was no power to the radio. Lexi, took it to the car parts place and told them what was going on and they tested first the battery then the alternator. Outcome, the battery is bad and the alternator may also be bad. :(

  

Educational News
We made it through the first week of school without anyone forgetting anything or missing the bus. Oh ya, the kids don't ride the bus. Well, not yet anyway. Sissy has said she wants to ride the bus, so she will start riding it next week. 

Source

Fashion News
Yes, I am a fashion freak. A fashion freak on a tight budget. So you won't see me wearing high end designer clothes, but I still like to keep it stylish. Here's what my favorite outfit this week looked like. The entire outfit, boots and jewelry included cost about $70.00. I seldom purchase entire outfits and this one is no exception. Each piece was purchased at different times, and while on sale.

 

Comics 
Today's dose of laughter comes compliments of the pet clinic near my home.




The Blog Review

On Artistic Composition this week:

- SIMC:Hot on the Trail: This week on Sunday in my City we take a photo trip along Sioux Falls bike trail.

- Wonders N Wishes: Have you ever wished you could do something really special to help others but had no idea what to do? Well if you have check out what this weeks Wonder Award recipient did, it is amazing and really not all that difficult a thing to do.


 On Nita's Photography this week:

- South Dakota Sunday: Roadside Chapel: Photo post of a quaint roadside chapel in rural South Dakota.

- Sneak Peek: CC & T: A sneak peek into a sweet young man's 1st Birthday portrait session.

- WW: Five Nights at Freddy's: A somewhat spooky wordless Wednesday photo.

- The Challenge: High Angle Low Angle: Photography challenges five and six of a 30 challenge series. 

- Two for One: A reflection photo of a beautiful afternoon sky


Thank you for stopping by to catch up on the Menagerie. 
Drop me a line in the comments and I will come visit you.
Have a Terrific Weekend!
Linking up with Willy Nilly Friday 
 

No comments: