Pages

Friday, September 16, 2016

The AC Menagerie Bulletin

Welcome to the September 16th addition of

 The AC Menagerie Bulletin

The AC Menagerie Bulletin is a weekly digital newspaper highlighting brief accounts of the week's happenings around the Zoo (our home) and on blogs by myself (Nita Davis). Sit back, relax and enjoy while you catch up with the Davis family.

Automotive News  Update
Well, the guy at the car parts store was wrong. The battery is perfectly fine. However, the alternator is shot! We had to order the part and it won't come in till this coming Tuesday. In the meantime my oldest boy has lent us his little beauty.  

Life News 
While I am very thankful for the use of my sons car, I am not so sure I like his car. Every time I get behind the wheel I feel like a little kid that needs a booster seat! Here is a photo of me in the driver seat. My shoulder doesn't even come up to the bottom of the driver side window! I have to sit very straight and tall to see over the steering wheel. LOL

Community News
On Monday we participated in a special event in which participants, found little ways to spread kindness. I am not sure one of our deeds qualified, but it was sure fun. While shopping in Walmart Lexi and I decided to re-arrange an almost empty bin of dinosaurs in the hope that it would bring a smile to other shoppers. To find out more about the event check out my Spread Kindness post.  

Creative News
Last minute preparations, that is what you get when you have a preteen in the house. Last Friday Sissy had a friend spend the night and of course neither girl woke up Saturday till almost 11am. When the got up they told me they were invited to attend another friends birthday party at 2 on the same day. When I asked if they had presents to take to their friend both girls started to panic because of course they did not. They also had no money to go buy anything. So I pointed to the crafting closet and said well you better get busy. They managed to make some fun and useful things for their friend and even made a card and special bag to put the gifts in.

Pet News
Lexi's named her new kitten Moments because as she says 'he has precious moments eyes'. Let me tell you, those eyes can be deceiving! I usually call him Devil cat. No one can do anything in the kitchen without Moments running into the kitchen to 'help'. He likes to sit on the little step stool and watch what is going on. When I started to open the dishwasher to unload it he jumped onto the stool and refused to move. Which I guess is better than jumping in the dishwasher, which by the way he does every time I try to load it. And what cat likes lettuce?!!! I droped a leaf of lettuce and before I could reach down to pick it up he was on it and munching away. By the way he hates raw eggs. As a matter of fact he is terrified of them. Maybe he is really a dog.

Comics 



The Blog Review
Here is a list of this weeks posts. To visit them just click on the blue linked title.
 
On Artistic Composition this week:

- SIMC:Upper Falls: This last Sunday I shared a portion of the gorgeous waterfalls in Sioux Falls, that I don't often share.

- Spread Kindness: After being reminded of the importance of spreading kindness I wrote this post with it's accompanying motivational quotography.

- Wonders N Wishes: This weeks wonder is not a person but an amazing wonder of nature


 On Nita's Photography this week:

- South Dakota Sunday: Palisades: A photo trip to the beautiful tranquil Palisades State park is South Dakota.

- Controlling Exposure with Shutter Speed: Examples of how changing the shutter speed controls the photos exposure.

- WW: Prehistoric Revolt: A fun photo taken at the same time as the dinosaur photo above.

- The Challenge: Texture and Silhouette: Photography challenges four and seven of a 30 challenge series.  

- What's Better Than a Full Moon?: Check it out too find out the answer.




Have a Fantastic Weekend!




No comments: