Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Wonders N Wishes


There are so many wonderful things about Wednesday!
My short list:
  • It is Hump Day! That wonderful middle of the week, half way to the weekend, let's celebrate making it over life's hump day!
  • It is Wordless Wednesday! Whether you celebrate by seeking quiet solitude or by sharing image only posts, there's a sense of wonder in the wordless approach. Click here for my contributions to the sound of silence.
  • It is 'not so' Wordless Wednesday over at Curious as a Cathy. Absolutely perfect for the chatter box in me. Of course I will be sharing this post there. :D
  • It is Wish Day! That is right, the day designated by Claudya @ Unknown Mami's as the day to put a voice to our wishes. You will find my wish below. 
  • It is Wonders N Wishes Day! The day I am designating to share a 'Wonder' as well as a wish.
  • I was born on a Wednesday. Yep, I just threw that out there.  :)
 


This week's wonder

For this weeks wonder I have chosen Chief David Bald Eagle who passed away on July 22 at the age of 97. I am filled with admiration and frankly amazed by his many accomplishments. His hard work and dedication have been an inspiration to many. While he is most remembered for his rolls as an actor, especially in Dances With Wolves, he has so many more accomplishments that are of greater importance. I believe it is important that he be remembered more for his integrity and compassion as a Native American leader and a WWII veteran. I encourage you to watch THIS VIDEO about the life and accomplishments of Chief David Bald Eagle.


Today I'm calling on the universe to grant the following wishes.

- Chocolate! That is right I am wishing for lots of chocolate. For some inexplicable reason over the last year I have found myself craving chocolate with an intensity that I have not felt since I was a teenager. ???? Do you think that is a sign that I am entering my second childhood? LOL

- Last month I thought I sprained my wrist but it hasn't gotten any better so I am going to see the doctor about it today and so I am wishing that it turns out to be something simple.

- My last wish for this day is that all of you a fantastic week!

 Please join me in visiting Unknown Mami's Wish Wednesday so that we can lend our wishing powers to her and those she is wishing for.



2 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Nita, a wish for more chocolate. Now, that's a wish I can get behind 110%. In the past few months, we've tried to incorporate a little dark chocolate in our diet when we think of it. I don't crave candy like I did when I was younger, but I do have chocolate cravings; mostly things like cake and ice cream. Here's hoping your wrist is ok. Sometimes my wrist feels like that and it goes away. It could be Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. Thanks for stopping by and linking up. Have a blessed week, my friend!

King Kong Lives in Tennessee

LA Botchar said...

I can definitely get behind a wish for more chocolate too!! I think in terms of health, my nurse friend once told it might mean you need more magnesium in your body??? So there you go -- it's healthy and your body needs it!! ha.