Welcome to the August 5th addition of
The AC Menagerie Bulletin
For a number of years now I have referred to our home as the Zoo, mostly because it is always full of rather curious and sometimes wild caricatures. So I thought it only fitting to name my Friday weekly review post the AC Menagerie Bulletin, as this posts is a brief account of the weeks happenings at our home and here on my blogs. Both of which are filled with a bit of the unusual.
- Overall it has been a quiet week at the Zoo.
- We welcomed a new member to the family. For some time now my daughter Lexi has been suffering from kitten fever. So when a friend of mine asked if I knew anyone who wanted a kitten as she needed homes for three kittens, I knew exactly who to tell. If our home wasn't so small I am sure Lexi would have wanted to adopt all three, but instead she chose this fun little guy. After a day of playing with and watching him she gave him the name Moments. As she said his eyes remind her of a 'precious moments' and his playful loving personality was sure to result in many wonderful moments.
- This week, my artistic and creative pursuits have been limited to taking photos, a bit of writing and a lot of photo editing. This is one photo from a series of portraits of my youngest granddaughter that I have been working on. I hope to share the series next week on my photo blog.
- Today our maintenance man provided a bit of entertainment, by moving a refrigerator up a flight of stairs. The staircase is not a straight climb, but is split into two sets of stairs, each facing the opposite direction of the other and separated by a rather small landing. Needless to say it is a very difficult staircase to navigate with large objects, especially all by oneself. But he did it! When asked by a neighbor if he had done it by himself his reply, which appears on this meme below his photo, was quite funny.
The Blog Review
On Artistic Composition this week:
- SIMC: Making Wishes Come True: Sunday In My City is a fun blog hop in which bloggers share about their city. This week I shared photos from our annual Hot Harley Nights, which is an event that helps raise funds for Make-A-Wish(R), South Dakota.
On Nita's Photography this week:
- Oh What a Beautiful Day: Two photos showing just how beautiful the day was.One a reflection and the other a vibrant flower.
- Nature: A series of nature: weather and adventure related photographs that I entered in the Weather Channel photo contest.
- Prehistoric Pets: A fun toy dinosaur Wordless Wednesday photo.
- Portraits: Mike and His Girls: A peek at an event location family portrait session.
- Pride, Respect and a Touch of Sadness: A photo tribute to POW's and MIA's.
- Unique Wedding Accessory: Street photography capturing a bride being photographed with a snake.