Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

Just hopping happy on Friday

Happy Friday Everyone!
Yep it is that time again, the weekend is upon us and time to unload the bits and pieces from the week that didn't make it into the blog. Thankfully Mrs 4444's host the perfect blog hop for all our bits and pieces. 

Half-Past Kissin' Time

Adrienne at My Memory Art wrote a post this week that I just have to share. The wisdom and beauty in her words and photography are well worth reading over and over again.

Image Source and link to purchase
Just when I had begun to loose hope this woman comes along and restores my hope. When I read about this 86 year old great-grandmother publishing her first romance novel it dawned on me that I have only myself to blame for not being a published author. Especially in this day and age were it is relatively easy to self publish. So this week I pulled out the manuscript for my poetry book. After much work, proofing, formatting  and illustrating, it is almost ready to go. Yippee!

I can't believe the summer is over and school starts on Monday. I am both excited and sad at the same time. There was so much I hoped to do this summer with my grandchildren that due to circumstances beyond my control just never happened. I am however looking forward to having more uninterrupted time.

Last week I shared comparisons of model Joan Scott and actress Kate Winslet in the comments Mrs. 4444's mentioned that when she saw the image of Joan she thought of Madonna. Looking at the photo again I too saw a resemblance to Madonna, so here is a new comparison. 


To say the least I have been very busy. Between mini hat making, designing my dress for my son's wedding and working on getting my poetry book ready for publishing I am surprised I had any time to take photos. I did manage to take a short hike in the hills with my camera and will be sharing those photos on Sunday.

For all of you that enjoy quoteography (images with quotes) I came across a quoteography blog hop at My Captivating Life. She has put together some very pretty image/quotes. If I can squeeze in some design time this weekend I just may have something to share on her hop Monday.

Have a great Weekend!



6 comments:

Mrs4444 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs4444 said...

No matter how hard we try, we'll just never get everything done, will we? Mr.4444 keeps on me about writing a book. Maybe one summer...

I agree; Adrienne's post is inspiring and thought-provoking.

Thanks for linking up. I hope you have a great weekend.

Mrs4444 said...

Oh, and as for the photos--All three gorgeous ladies!

Lori said...

That is so inspiring about the 86 year old writing her first book! We can really do about anything we put our minds to in this day and age. And I sound 86 when I say "this day and age," don't I? I'll check out the photo and quote meme you mentioned. I'm a sucker for those!

Stacy said...

86 and publishing not just a first novel, but a ROMANCE novel? I no longer have any viable excuse at all.

Bill Lisleman said...

Getting your book published - wow.
I have a BIL that published a book. I read a little of it but it didn't suit my taste. There is a blogger from NYC that has a book and appears to have a background in the business. Her blog is called, "I can't believe I'm not bitter". Do the mini hats fit dolls?