Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

FF: A little blog housekeeping

Bring on the weekend!
Welcome to my Friday Fragments!

Time to clean out my In Box:

Let's see how about we start with some lonely photos that have been sitting in my blog folder for way to long. 

I took this one of the original Rapid City City Hall building back in April. It is a cute little building with definite aspirations of grandeur.


Well this one isn't so old. It was taken at the beginning of the week while we were out finding presidents. I was thinking of holding on to it to reference the Sturgis Rally as I didn't think I would be going to the rally, but it looks like I just may go tomorrow.


This one of Mr. G's remote control helicopter is really old! It has been sitting in my blog folder now since the beginning of the year and for the life of me I can't figure out why. Maybe I was thinking of writing a post about boys and their toys????


This one of my grandson's impromptu parking lot has also been hanging around for a while, and again it sure looks like a boys and their toys post to me.


Anyone hungry!!? I wasn't before but I sure am now.



I took this sky shot way back in April and how I never posted it I really don't know. I half considered using it in this weeks Sky watching post but decided an April sky didn't fit the Summer sky theme.


Here we have poor ol' Calvin Coolidge the 30th President of the United States, who some how got left out of my Presidential line up post. 







With the housekeeping out of the way now I can share a few thoughts!


With scores of half concocted ideas swirling through my head this week you would think that some of those would fit into this Fragment post but the ideas are all over the place! Maybe it's A.D.D. (Another Doddering Decadian)


When did having more than one project going at a time get so difficult? In my younger years multitasking was a breeze and I actually thrived on having six or seven projects going at one time. Going back and forth between projects never slowed me down or made it difficult to complete any of them. Sure can't say that now. But on a good note, at least I managed to get some work done this week.

After the long week of rather deep retrospection and a much needed boost of encouragement I have come to a conclusion. You can't wait for something good to happen, you have to make it happen. (of course that first part is no new revelation for me) Even if that means scrapping everything and starting all over on a different course. (which is a new concept for me, one that almost feels like giving up but I know isn't truly giving up) I am not sure which direction my course will take but I will know eventually.

I can't remember where I came across this quote but it is just seems so fitting.

“Where there is ruin, there is hope for treasure.” ~ Rumi

Be sure to hop over to Mrs. 4444's for some fragment treasures
Half-Past Kissin' Time

4 comments:

Bill Lisleman said...

"a post about boys and their toys" - sounds like a good idea.
I'm going to share that A.D.D. sign. Our daughter will love it.
thanks

Wayne said...

I love bike but don't like crowds, although Sturgis intrigues me. MAYBE SOMEDAY.

StarTraci said...

I like that you shared these! that house is lovely!

And I feel a lot like that ADD card, too!
:-)
Traci

BLOGitse said...

What yummy shots, good I had my breakfast already!
Have a good week!

my blog is here:
BLOGitse