Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Weekly Smorgasbord

It is time once more for the weekly smorgasbord of posts. I have had a busy but productive week. How about you, how has your week been?

This weeks random facts and fragments

#1 
I love to read both fiction and non-fiction. This week I read a very captivating short fiction story titled Last Exit. If you enjoy stories with a bit of a twist hop over and give it a read. I really think it would make a great intro to an interesting novel.

#2
How long is too long... for a person to live that is. That may seem like an odd question, but it is one that Mrs. G and I talked about just before I came across Misao Okawa's tips for long life. Mrs. G says she doesn't want to live past 80, but I am sure she will change her mind when she turns 50. Can you hear me laughing? I am not sure I want to live as long as Misao Okawa though. All I know is that I would prefer not to live longer than my children. Other than that, as long as I can remain active and enjoy life I am all for living to a ripe old age! What do you think?

#3
Picture time!!!!
In my notes for Wednesday's Abstract Floral Art post I had jotted down to include the original photos used to create the abstract piece. Some how I forgot to do so and Joyce at Joyful Art Stuff mentioned that it would be nice to see the originals, so here are the two photos I used. 

#4
An off the wall, but cute fact. Mrs. G's cat is very naughty. She decided that since Mrs. G's sweater/jacket was on the table it was an open invitation to lay on the table.
#5
The beginning of this week I managed to get a good amount of work done including adding this to our Irish fun designs.
I also added this composite art design to our gift shop. It is available with or without the Irish Blessing.

For more fragments and random fact visit these blog parties:

Half-Past Kissin' Time

8 comments:

Bill Lisleman said...

If you live longer than your children then your children have left too soon.
I'll be checking out the Irish fun designs.

Joyce said...

Hi Andrea, thanks for showing us the 2 original photos that you created your "abstract flowers" with. they are beautiful photos. I love the "naughty" puddy tat!

Mrs4444 said...

I don't know my some-day grandchildren, of course, but if I should (heaven forbid) outlive my children, I think I would want to be here for their children, assuming I wasn't a burden to them. I guess I'd like to live as long as I can still enjoy life.

Thanks for linking up, Nita! :)

Nancy said...

I want to live forever. ;)

Anonymous said...

What lovely shots.

Cperz said...

That is an interesting question about how old is too old. My grandmother died last year right before her 101st birthday. She said she was too old. But I have a friend that is 88 and seems very young. Still travels, golfs and is always on the go...so that seems rather young in terms of dying anyway.

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I guess the saying you're only as old as you feel probably comes into the equation. After reading the responses I have come to the conclusion that I want to live as long as I can and still remain active and not be a burden.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I agree, we need to pass before our children. My dad will be 91 in June and is doing very well but he says he is living too long. He doesn't like seeing his children growing old! Love your photos. Sweet cat!