Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Abstract Floral Art: Emergence of Spring

It seems this week I have a one track mind and that track is SPRING!

Bonnie over at Pixel Dust Photo Art hosts a monthly photo art challenge and this month the theme is Abstract flowers. Being as I am in a Spring frame of mind I decided to join in the fun this month and create a piece for the challenge.


In creating this abstract art I was inspired by the idea of spring erupting in vibrant color from the frost covered ground of winter.  To express this I used two photos one I took of a vibrant bouquet of spring flowers and a second photo of a frost covered twigs. 

I applied the following effects in Photoshop; Frosted glass filter on spring floral bouquet, followed by the application of a wave filter. Then I added a winter frost photo which I made transparent applying a linear light filter to the top photo.

10 comments:

Cperz said...

Love the effect. I could spend hours upon hours playing with filters and effects on software such as Photoshop.

Joyce said...

vibrant, gorgeous colours - would be good to see the original photo too, thanks for sharing

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

How can one look at this image and feel blue? It is so vibrant, colorful and has all the joy those qualities bring with them. Lovely.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

How can one look at this image and feel blue? It is so vibrant, colorful and has all the joy those qualities bring with them. Lovely.

Ida said...

Great piece. It's happy and does bring that feeling of Spring to mind.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh my, so colorful, so abstract and yet clearly floral ... definately Spring which makes my mind sour. Beautiful piece ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

A Garden of Threads said...

Wow, awesome image.

Currie Silver said...

BEautimous!! I really enJOYed a long look into this one.

Anonymous said...

Love, love all the vibrant colors. I am so ready for Spring and warm weather after the winter we've had. It's been much colder than usual. Your photo helped make the day a bit more sunshiny...very nice. :)

~~~jennifer~~~ said...

I love it!