Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

What Was I Thinking?

Have you ever seen an artist creation and thought what on earth were they thinking?  As an artist I generally come up with an idea and try to convey that idea in my artwork. When creating something whether it is a photograph, composite photographic art, painting or cartoon I like the viewer to be able to see or feel the meaning behind the work without having to be told. 
Last night Sissy came running into the office, came to a sudden stop beside my desk and exclaimed " Frogie demands Justice!" I have no idea what she was talking about but I couldn't help but laugh. Okay, it may not make any sense but I could picture a silly looking angry frog demanding justice. 
So I set about drawing an angry frog, and I was having so much fun I just kept changing the facial expressions. I have no idea what I was thinking I would use these frogs for, but hey I drew them anyway.  Today I showed them to Sissy and she named them Emie & Nick Frogie.



Other than to create a cartoon with the angry frog in the center I have no idea what if anything I will do with the others. Have you ever made something that you really had no idea what you were going to do with it once you were done?

1 comment:

Linda said...

I have - but but what I made never looked that good!