Pages

Friday, October 7, 2016

The AC Menagerie Bulletin

Welcome to the September 7th addition of

 The AC Menagerie Bulletin

The AC Menagerie Bulletin is a weekly digital newspaper highlighting brief accounts of the week's happenings around the Zoo (our home) and on blogs by myself (Nita Davis). Sit back, relax and enjoy while you catch up with the Davis family.

Blog News 
I do believe I jinxed myself two weeks ago when I wished for help keeping track of time. The wish came to mind late Wednesday as I was writing my Wednesday Wonders & Wishes post. Yes, a post that should have been written by Tuesday so it could be published early Wednesday, and thus the wish. Instead of giving a bit of help keeping track of time the Universe decided I needed a wee bit of a break and gave me a nasty cold instead. 
 
Exciting News 
This happy couple just celebrated their second anniversary. Well I am no dummy, so when they asked me if I wanted to go to brunch with them on their anniversary, I knew some exciting news was coming. I was right, they are expecting their first child in April. 


 
Educational News
We have all been anticipating Sissy's orchestra concert this year as we found out at the end of last year they will be preforming with a very special orchestra. It hasn't been announced publicly yet, so I won't spill the beans and say who it is. I will say though that the orchestra holds a very special place in our family's heart and especially in Sissy's heart. From the time she was two years old until my husband passed away four years ago when she was eight, she would sit in his lap every day and they would watch this orchestra's video of 'Carol of the Bells'. It became 'Their' song.  Last week when Sissy got home from school she was visibly upset and told me she was thinking of asking if she could preform in the chorus instead of the orchestra. I was so confused as she had been so excited all summer long to play with the orchestra. When I asked why, she said her teacher handed out the sheet music for this years concert, and of all the song that they could have been playing wouldn't you know it they are playing 'Carol of the Bells'. She said she doesn't think she can play that song without breaking into tears. I totally get it. Her mom and I get teary eyed every time we hear that song. But we have convinced her to put all that emotion into playing the song. Now we are just hoping that all the time and tears spent practicing and listening to her practice will be a healing experience for us all.

Critter News
Devil cat is at it again! The other day I bought two packages of these donuts. Yes, my biggest junk food weakness is donuts. I was in a hurry that morning and had opened one of the packages and ate two of the six little donuts, before running out of the house. Forgetting we have a kitten that thinks it is a dog, I left both the opened package and the unopened package on the table. When I got home that darn cat had not only eaten the opened package of donuts but had ripped open the sealed package and eaten half of them as well. I was so mad at the cat I threw the half eaten donuts away without taking a picture of them. It is a miracle the cat is still alive.... LOL

Comics 


The Blog Review

On Artistic Composition  & Nita's Photography this week:  Digital Silence due to the following.





No comments: