Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Wonders N Wishes

There are so many wonderful things about Wednesday!
My short list:
  • It is Hump Day! That wonderful middle of the week, half way to the weekend, let's celebrate making it over life's hump day!
  • It is Wordless Wednesday! Whether you celebrate by seeking quiet solitude or by sharing image only posts, there's a sense of wonder in the wordless approach. Click here for my contributions to the sound of silence.
  • It is 'not so' Wordless Wednesday over at Curious as a Cathy. Absolutely perfect for the chatter box in me. Of course I will be sharing this post there. :D
  • It is Wish Day! That is right, the day designated by Claudya @ Unknown Mami's as the day to put a voice to our wishes. You will find my wish below. 
  • It is Wonders N Wishes Day! The day I am designating to share a 'Wonder' as well as a wish.
 


This week's wonder
9 year old delivers 363 pizza's to Lafayette, LA flood victims. (Source)

This week the AC Wonder Award goes to a young man in Louisiana by the name of Carson Boutte. For his 9th birthday young Carson asked his parents if he could buy pizza to give to local flood victims so they wouldn't have to worry about what to eat while they were busy trying to clean up. He started out with $100 dollars for pizza, but after his mom posted about what he wanted to do for his birthday on social media donations poured in. A local Domino Pizza restaurant offered to not only give him a special rate but also matched the first 100 pizza's.  Now I can't speak for those who were on the receiving end of those pizza's but I know if it were me, I would be extremely touched by this gesture of kindness.

Thank you Carson for being so amazing!

Now for a few wishes.


Today I'm calling on the universe to grant the following wishes.

- I wish I could remember what I wanted to wish for. I knew I should have written it down. LOL

- I do have one off the cuff wish though. I wish summer wasn't almost over.

- I know the Universe doesn't follow the rules in the 'How to be a Jeanie' handbook but I figure if I am going to wish I may as well wish in three's. So my third and final wish today is that you find joy and laughter to fill your day.

As Claudya at Unknown Mami's says go ahead and wish, be it simple or big, when we give a voice to our wishes it helps us realize those wishes. So what are you wishing for? I would love to know, just put your wish in the comment section and I will gladly lend my wishing powers to your wish. Please join me in visiting Unknown Mami's Wish Wednesday so that we can lend our wishing powers to her and those she is wishing for.



No comments: