Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Wonders N Wishes

There are so many wonderful things about Wednesday!
My short list:
  • It is Hump Day! That wonderful middle of the week, half way to the weekend, let's celebrate making it over life's hump day!
  • It is Wordless Wednesday! Whether you celebrate by seeking quiet solitude or by sharing image only posts, there's a sense of wonder in the wordless approach. Click here for my contributions to the sound of silence.
  • It is 'not so' Wordless Wednesday over at Curious as a Cathy. Absolutely perfect for the chatter box in me. Of course I will be sharing this post there. :D
  • It is Wish Day! That is right, the day designated by Claudya @ Unknown Mami's as the day to put a voice to our wishes. You will find my wish below. 
  • It is Wonders N Wishes Day! The day I am designating to share a 'Wonder' as well as a wish.
 


This week's Wonder Award goes to:
Clare Bowen
Image source
If you have seen the TV show Nashville you probably recognize her as Charlotte. And if you are a fan as I am, you may have been a bit shocked when she cut off her beautiful long hair.
 
Clare Bowen singing 'Love Steps In'
The other day I had the great fortune of attending a concert with her and Charles Esten ( Deacon on the show). Afterward I decided to see if she had a Facebook page that I could share this photo with her and let her know how much I enjoyed the show. She does, and I did. I also learned why she cut her hair. 

Clare is a cancer survivor, having had cancer as a young child. The impact of that experience resonates in her zest for life and love for all people. In a post explaining why she cut her hair that love is very evident.  She explains that, she was inspired by  "a little girl who said she couldn't be a princess because she didn't have long hair, and I wanted her, and others like her to know that's not what makes a princess, or a warrior, or a superhero. It's not what makes you beautiful either." 
As if that wasn't enough to earn her my Wonder award she went on to say; "Every scar tells a story, every baldhead, every dark circle, every prosthetic limb, and every reflection in a mirror that you might not recognize anymore. Look deeper than skin, hair, nails, and lips. You are who you are in your bones. That is where you have the potential to shine the brightest from. It is where your true beautiful self lives." Then she ended her post with #BeautyWithin. She has certainly earned my admiration, not to mention the fact that I am in total awe of her beautiful voice.

A quick side note: The song 'Love Steps In' was written for her about her brother who is currently battling cancer.




Today I'm calling on the universe to grant the following wishes.

- My first wish is for Clare's brother, that he beat the cancer and is back strong and healthy with Clare soon.

- If the universe could be so kind as to see to it that I sleep a full eight hours uninterrupted that would be so greatly appreciated. I would even be happy with seven, if eight is asking too much.

- My last wish for this day is that all of you find abundant joy on this gorgeous Wednesday!

Please join me in visiting Unknown Mami's Wish Wednesday so that we can lend our wishing powers to her and those she is wishing for.

No comments: