Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Fragments

First off a big welcome back to Mrs. 4444 our host for Fragmented Friday's and a big thank you to Unknown Mami for taking care of us and the Fragmented Friday meme this summer. Now on to my fragments.

The last two weeks have gone by in a blur. I would love to say that I have been busy working on a masterpiece or taking beautiful portraits, but that would be far from the truth. It has been a time of adjusting to new routines. Here are a few highlights that were captured by the family.

Mr. & Mrs. G headed to Micheal's to pick up model paint for Mr. G's project and came home with this sign that Sissy found and said was SO our family. We all decided the perfect spot for it was under this Buddha that looks down on our dinning room.
Alright this is almost the worst photo of me but it shows how much I was missed my first full day (almost 10 hours) at my part time job. The kids and dog have gotten use to me working in our home based studio or being gone for a few hours to shoot at various locations, so they were very happy to have me home. It really is a good thing the 'training' period is over and I can now go to regular part time hours.
This weeks hall of shame: Can we say Minecraft addict! Yes in my down time over the last few weeks I have spent way too much time on Minecraft. This is a shot of my attempt at creating a Victorian mansion on the game. Mr. & Mrs. G and I are creating our own little town and so far we have our houses, a general store, a hardware store, a library, a nursery, and a farm with crops and animals. Oh and I can't forget we also have a clock tower and a pharmacy (potion) store.
A little abstract art I did this morning from a photo I took of one strand of my hair that fell out the other day. When I picked the hair off my shirt I noticed the rather odd kink in the otherwise straight shaft of hair and thought it would make an interesting focal point for an art piece. I would love to hear what you think of this piece.  It is not that often that I do abstract art, but with my mind all over the place I seem to be doing it more often.

So there you have it, now on to bigger and better things, on your way please be sure to click the button below and stop over to Mrs. 4444 for Fragmented Friday.

Half-Past Kissin' Time

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Like the abstract art piece and wondering how in the blue blazes that odd kink got in your hair in the first place!

Claudya Martinez said...

I never would have guessed that was made from a piece of your hair. I like it. I love the picture of you being appreciated.

StarTraci said...

It's great to be missed. Good luck with the job.
My son is a Minecraft addict -- I have recently been sucked into the Candy Crush vortex.
The art is awesome and I love the inspiration!
Happy FF!
:-)
Traci

Karen and Gerard said...

Funny sign! Great welcome home--isn't it nice to be so loved?