Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Weekend Reflection: New v Old

When I came across the Weekend Reflections blog hop I was thrilled as photographing reflections is something I love to do. Although I love photographing people and nature, one of my dreams is to travel around America photographing interesting architecture. At one time I preferred historical buildings as they were more apt to 'Speak' to me, yet in recent years architects have gotten back to making statements with their designs and I find myself being drawn to both old and new. So for this weekends reflection I have chosen the new reflecting the old.




 This post linked to Jame's Weekend Reflections #88
Hop on over to visit some of the amazing submissions.

2 comments:

Martha Z said...

I agree, the middle of the last century was the "dark ages" for architecture. In the last 20 or so years architecture has been more artistic and creative. It is one of the few things I like about visiting cities, there are some exciting buildings out there.
If forced to chose, though, I would take nature's architecture, especially in Yosemite.

Lesley said...

I love architecture and so happy to see some creativity happening again. It can be a bit jarring, but that is okay.