Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Mini Vacation

Here is a glimpse at our 4th of July mini vacation in Sioux Falls. Typically when we go on a trip I average at the very least 100 photos a day, but not this trip.

I was so busy catching up with friends and family, my camera spent most of the trip in my purse. After a family BBQ at my oldest son's place, Lissa and I headed to my friend Jillian's house. There was so much to catch up on we talked until wee hours of the morning. Then early Friday we were off to Dawn's where we spent the day playing with the kids and visiting with Dawn. 

Saturday I spent the entire day with my dear friend Maria. We started the day of just visiting at her place. Then we headed down town and my camera finally came out of my purse. First we wandered around Philips avenue window shopping and enjoying all the sculptures. You can see a few of the sculptures Here. Then a short break from the heat at the Philips Dinner to enjoy a late lunch and some delicious malts.   After that we headed to the Falls to walk off our yummy treats. You can check out the photos from the falls Here.
Before we headed home on Sunday we enjoyed a pick nick lunch at Seratoma Park with friends and family.



Just before we left we decided a group shot was in order. Unfortunately one of my granddaughters some how managed to completely hide from the camera and a few friends had to leave earlier so they aren't in the photo either.
 On the way home we ran into a bit of a storm.
 At least in Mr. & Mrs. G's Durango we were nice and dry, unlike the poor folks on motorcycles.
At one point the rain was coming down so thick and hard I thought we were going to have to pull over also.
 Sissy and Bubba who are both afraid of storms found a way to ease their fears.
As mini vacations go this one was very hectic, but then trying to squeeze a year and a half of catching up into four days is no easy task.

2 comments:

Pride In Photos Beauty said...

Vacations are just the best...so many memories for the future. Looks like everyone had a great time.

Wayne said...

I haven't had a good malt in some time, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.