Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

How to make your own stick puppet theater

Last Thursday Bubba and Sissy were bored so I decided it was a good time for a fun project. Gathering the supplies the kids and I decided to make some stick puppets and a theater. We made the stage and about 30 different stick puppets. The whole process took us about an hour.

Afterwards I decided a video showing how we had made the puppet theater and a short video of the kids playing with their new toy would be a fun post here. Amazingly enough it took me much longer to get the video's shot and pictures taken so that I could get this post on the blog.

Now that I have made my first How To video I can honestly say it is most likely to be my last. It is a good thing I never had dreams of becoming an actress. I was going to edit out the really goofy beginning but decided to let you all see just how crazy I am. So here it is in its unedited glory.



Thankfully Sissy has no qualms about appearing in a video. Here she is was a clipped version of her puppet theater production.

Originally this post was intended for a Fragmented Friday post, but Friday came and went so I thought hey okay I will share it on Sunday in my City.  Sunday came and I still didn't have the video recorded. I finally convinced Mrs. G to video tape me today and thankfully Claudya of Unknown Mami fame keeps her wonderful blog party Sunday In My City open till mid week so I am linking up with her and hope you will drop by and check out what others are doing in their cities.

Unknown Mami

4 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

I think you are great on camera. Especially since you shot it all in one take. Great idea for making a puppet theater.

Pride In Photos Beauty said...

You are one very creative being!! I can remember my girlfriends when we were little putting on puppet shows for our parents.

Unknown said...

Thanks but I think I will stay on the opposite side of the camera....lol

Unknown said...

Thanks
I hope you had as much fun with them as my grand kids are having.