Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Inspirational Photo: Key to Survival

Whether it is the beginning of the New Year, the End of the Year or somewhere in between this saying always helps me when the changes to be made are difficult ones.

I came across this saying on one of those ceramic plaques that you can buy and paint when I was pregnant with my oldest son. It resonated so strongly within me that I just had to paint it for his nursery. That was 30 years ago and although that plaque did not survive all the ups and downs and moves our family has made the message it imparted has survived.

Even more importantly this message has helped me survive and cope with so many difficulties. God must have known this message would guide me through so many things, poverty, homelessness, marital upsets, major medical problems with two of our children, my husband and myself. It continues to inspire me to not give up hope when all seems bleak, but to instead find what I can adjust to move forward in life.

After the plaque broke beyond repair I created this inspirational art print to hang in a highly visible place to help me remember to adjust my sails when needed. I pass this message on to all, for none of us are exempt. Should the time come when things seem impossible remember adjust your sails and soon the storm will pass. You are more than welcome to copy, save and share this digital image, if you should like a print version they are available here.

May the new year bring you calm seas, and if it should bring a storm remember to adjust your sails.

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Great message.

Thank you so much for leaving encouraging words at my friend Anna's blog this evening. Her pain is so raw and real it is just breaking my heart.

Kathryn Dyche said...

What a beautiful quote.

Heather Nelsen said...

Love it- great words for a new year. :)