Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Wonders N Wishes

 I thought since I have been doing an awful lot of wishing and wondering, that today would be the perfect day to try and get back to one of my favorite activities, blogging.  

One of the biggest wonders of life is that it is as Shakespeare said both a tragedy and a comedy. My life is immune to neither, and I would have it no other way. Well actually I could do without the tragedies, although I reluctantly admit they do have their purpose. It is just very difficult during them to appreciate that purpose. As stupid as this may sound, I wish I could say that my recent absence was due to some tragedy, but thankfully it wasn't. At least not in the sense of a true tragedy. It has been more of a case of my train of thought being sidelined by the combined urgent need to earn a living and that needs effect on my cataplexy.

There are so many wonderful things about Wednesday!
My short list:
  • It is Hump Day! That wonderful middle of the week, half way to the weekend, let's celebrate making it over life's hump day!
  • It is Wordless Wednesday! Whether you celebrate by seeking quiet solitude or by sharing image only posts, there's a sense of wonder in the wordless approach. Click here for my contributions to the sound of silence.
  • It is 'not so' Wordless Wednesday over at Curious as a Cathy. Absolutely perfect for the chatter box in me. Of course I will be sharing this post there. :D
  • It is Wish Day! That is right, the day designated by Claudya @ Unknown Mami's as the day to put a voice to our wishes. You will find my wish below. 
  • It is Wonders N Wishes Day! The day I am designating to share a 'Wonder' as well as a wish.
  • I was born on a Wednesday. Yep, I just threw that out there.  :)
 


This week's wonder
I really do wonder how intelligent people can be so blinded by snake oil salesmen as to believe them even when their statements are proven false. Could it be that they allow their desperation for the promise of a cure to their one 'Problem' to overshadow their ability to reason and see the other very possible dangers they are trading for that one grandiose promise?

I will try for a positive wonder next week.



Today I'm calling on the universe to grant the following wishes.

- My first wish is that I can better balance my illness so that I can do both the things I enjoy and earn a living at the same time.

- Second, I am extending a wish that America and the world are not negatively affected by the new Presidency of the United States, and that it will be successful in a positive way. I have major doubts, but I must wish it well for to do otherwise would be to turn my back on my country.


- My last wish is that all have a safe, happy and prosperous 2017!

As Claudya at Unknown Mami's says go ahead and wish, be it simple or big, when we give a voice to our wishes it helps us realize those wishes. So what are you wishing for? I would love to know, just put your wish in the comment section and I will gladly lend my wishing powers to your wish. Please join me in visiting Unknown Mami's Wish Wednesday so that we can lend our wishing powers to her and those she is wishing for.


No comments: