Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Angostura Recreation Area

While the merry-go-round spins on relentlessly we managed to escape the wild ride long enough to enjoy a bit of nature, and give me something fun to share with you for Sunday In My City.
Unknown Mami

We wanted to go swimming so Lexi's friend suggested we check out Angostura Lake, located about an hour to the south of Rapid City. It was nice to take in the fresh air and relax in the cool water. 

I decided to set my camera on auto, big mistake! After a good deal of editing here is what I got.









Their website boasts crystal clear water and nice sandy beaches. However the beach we were told was open for day swimmers was very narrow with lots of overgrowth, stickers, spiders and lizards. The water was nice although a bit murky with lots of twigs. I am thinking all of this may have been because of the recent heavy rains. 
I love the water but with no oceans here in the Midwest we are confined to lakes, rivers and pools. Rapid City has a number of fun pools but in my opinion they are way to expensive and there is so much more to do at the lake. This week we are hoping to visit another lake that is a bit closer. 
What is your choice for a bit of fun in the water? Lake, ocean, river or pool?

3 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

It looks like plenty of fun was had regardless of the camera settings.

Unknown said...

Anita,

I have never been to Angostura, but the Hubby has. Looks like your family had a fun Sunday.

I'm not a water person. I don't mind a boat ride, but I don't get in the water. On the other hand, my Husband and his family love the water. J grew up going to the lake on Sunday after Church and loves to water ski. The family tires to spend time at a lake every summer.

carol l mckenna said...

Great summertime fun photos ~ thanks for visiting ~ xx

Happy Week to you,
artmusedog and carol